Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cy Sabathia?

Lately, a bad day for CC Sabathia is better than a good day for AJ Burnett. I love the way he's able to battle back from a rocky start and still go deep into games.

At 17-7 with a 3.42 ERA and 178 k's, Sabathia is certainly a contender for the Cy Young award, but it has to go to Zack Greinke with 13-8, 2.19 ad 216, doesn't it? Greinke's stats are significantly better in every major catagory except for win/loss (the most over-rated stat in sports, in my opinion). Can you punish Greinke for pitching for a bad team?

I would love for Brian Bruney to get it together and again become the pitcher he was earlier this year, but I'm sick of watching him try. It's just sad that he couldn't close out the game with a 10 run lead.

Meanwhile, Brett Favre can still handoff with the best of 'em!

I caught the end of the Cincy-Denver game, that catch by Stokley might already be the play of the NFL season. It will be hard to top at any rate. I can't believe the way the defense just fell asleep once the ball was tipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment