Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thank God it's Sunday

I don't know about you, but I've been looking foward to this NFL season for a very long time.

Of course, it will be interesting to watch Brett Favre's regular season debut as a Viking (I figure he's bound to succeed against the Browns), but I'm more excited for tonight, when the Packers take on the Bears.

The Packers look to rebound from a disapponting season plagued by injuries, against a Chicago team that "doesn't have any true recievers" according to Donald Driver. I have to agree with him on that point, but I'm not sure why he came out and said it. I think if this Green Bay team stays moderately healthy (especially at quarterback) this could be a very special season. I'm looking forward to seeing the 3-4 in action.

In other news, CC Sabathia takes the mound against the Orioles of Baltimore. This game is only realy important in maintaining a large lead for home-field advantage against the Angels, but it would be nice not to get swept at home with our ace on the mound by team that hasn't played meaningful baseball in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment